Sunday, December 19, 2004

Some good news and Some bad news

So, what do you want first the good or the bad? lets start with the bad because its most recent. This morning I woke up to father crying my sister locked in her room and my mom telling me we were going to put minnie to sleep today. She said that she couldn't walk anymore, that she hadn't eaten in four days (all of this I knew but I just didnt want to accept) and now she wasnt even recognizing my dad- her best friend. She would get lost in the house, and just have no idea where she was. It was time- it was time for Minnie to be happy, to be out of pain, to be smiling again. But how do you let go of something you've loved for so long? You realize she wants to be with you, but she needs to be out of pain. You have to let go of something you love, to be able to cherish all you had with them. Someone like Minnie- so innocent and helpless would have done anything for me or my family- and now we had to do this for her.
Now that my parents are home from the vet's, with minnie's clay paw print the doctor took during her last few minutes, I myself, am just trying not to think about it. I just want to be emotioness about the whole situation, but since i cant or maybe shouldnt be- its a happy cry, just know that its a joyful cry.
So I guess you want the good news? Well, on friday i was accepted to The George Washington University- and I want to be happy about it, I want to tell as many people as I can- but my house isn't exactly celebration central right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home