Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Dela-who?

So I left two hours to get myself to New Bolton Center, which is University of Pennsylvania's vertrainary clinic. Plenty of time especially when Mapquest says 1 hour 8 minutes. Dropped Sara off at school, ate my cereal bar, and headed on the Turnpike, then to the Noretheast Extension, to 476, to the never-ending Blatimore Pike, and then with 6 miles to go I get off one exit too early. No problem, I'll just turn around. I wish. In Kennett Square, roads go on for miles without so much as a traffic light let alone a gas station to pull into for directions. Finally, there is an Eckerd, I get directions and then head on my way again. I drive for 30 minutes when I start to cry. I find a nature center (thats how desolate a place it is out here) and I asked them to Mapquest me so I could get to my senior project (late). So, I'm typing in the address and I type PA and she says "Oh no, honey, you're in Delaware." What? Where was I when that happened?? So I got back in the car and head on my way again and start to sob. But I got there. Mapquest: 1 hour 8 minutes Me: 2 hours 11 minutes. So project itself was awesome, i gave a nerve block (a.k.a needle and novacain) I leanred a lot and I got to be around my favorite type of beings: horses. It's kinda like the show "House" but with horses. So on my way home. I figured I would just read my directions to New Bolton backwards. Bad bad bad idea. See the problem is my parents are in Florida so they are in no way helping me while I'm driving down Route 82 North having gotten directions from a janitor's closet in a some middle school in glitzenberg borough. Yea. It's the kind of exasperated crying that you're not afraid you're just so incredibly frustrated and upset that inbetween your wails you cough really hard and you feel like you're going to throw up. I know, I'm a baby, but, I made it from route 82 to route 30 east to route 113 north to route 100 to the turnpike and after spending $8 in toll tickets and speeding down the turnpike at 85 mph, I made it to the King of Prussia Mall. I have never been so happy to see the mall in my entire life. and i wasnt even going shopping. i knew where i was and i couldnt have been more extatic. I made it home. Mapquest 1 hour 8 minutes Me: 2 hours 17 minutes. Fabulous.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Based on just a few stories, and I DO say this with all due respect, you should never drive alone, anywhere. Parallel parking, cities, directions, and you driving= kels under stress= bad kharma. and car ma.

May 3, 2005 at 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home