Saturday, July 16, 2005

From Corboy to the Milanos of Friendship

So it's nice to see you again. I know I've been away for some time, but here's what's happened. Mr. Beers and I are working hard at the Moo's. I have been dorm shopping (still am). Started riding again. Going to Rome. How bout that? Thats last month in two lines. How bout we talk about how it's so wierd that I'm never going back to school. ever. Springside is gone. The reason I bring this up is because I got my graduation picture in the mail today. Man, talk about a Debbie Downer, that'll do it. No one looks particuarlly spectacular but there we were. Looking like we were about to get married. But you know never agagin will we have Roland and Marky J and the perfect Corboy, never again will we have endless frees in the library where we talked about everything from PROMA to the reoccuring and fabulous gossip. Never again will we go to the cafeteria and sit with our little lunch boxes and at our little table all together. We were so safe, so sheltered! Now, I have to do things that are terrifing- okay you say name one: Laundry. Yes, I need to learn how to do my own laundry. Awful right? But, even though I won't know what Gabey and Lina are up to every day other than singing and dancing, and I won't have my locker next to my sister, and I won't have an art cave to look in and see my Tilly in- somehow, I think the memories of those people are so deep within me that I will take them with me. No I won't have Beers everyday saying "yo heinze, fix your life." No I won't have my Heather to lay on our backs in the library and laugh until we turn blue. And no I won't have Maggie to make fun of till she finally laughs at herself. But these people are such a part of my life. They are me in some ways, and I will be taking them with me to GW not in the photo albums but in my heart. Now that's fabulous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home