Friday, July 29, 2005

Yup... Bought 'em

My Dad has been on me to write about our fabulous trip to Nordstrom's. He wants everyone to know just how cool he is. So here goes: I was working in his office two weeks ago. Stuffing envelopes as usual. Actually 800 to be exact. But it's okay because I'm in the office with the parents and it's money. Anyway, right about lunchtime my dad comes into the conference room where I was busy stakcing and stapling and stuffing . He says: "Kels, do you hear that? Do you?"
"Hear what dad?"
"The noise, do you hear it?"
"No."
"It's the call of the mall Kels, it wants us."
"Dad, Mom will get mad if we go shopping....again"
"I don't care I want to go, Nordstrom's is having its annual sale- it's a sign."
"What time?"
"5:30"
So at 5:30 we head over to KOP and directly to Nordstrom's to search for jeans. I needed jeans for school and obviously this was the only place we could buy them. Dad sent me into the dressing room with about 7 pairs of jeans and a brown suede jacket he wanted me to try on. And after I tried on each pair I had to come out and model. Maybe I should explain the satisfaction my dad gets out of shopping- especially at Nordstroms. Some people go for a run or, go for a drive to relieve stress, my dad spends money- shopping. He loves it. If we go to Nordstroms you might as well set up camp outside in the parking lot because it will be a fabulously long night.
We decided on three pairs that were the best and they were all on sale- major sale. I had to talk him out of two pairs of adorable heels and the brown jacket because my mom would have had a cow if he bought them for me. He bought Facconable of course but he did very well by only buying one shirt. I was very impressed. I of course wandered over to the shoe department and found a pair of pink cole hanns that just happen to be 60% off. Yup bought em.
At 9, we were both hungry and beat so we went to the Rock Bottom for not dinner but a lot of appetizers. Can you say loaded Nachos?
What's nice is that Dad and I talked. I love to hear his stories, because he's been through so much and I can't help but want to do just as well as him in school, in jobs, in family. He's got it all and he's worked so hard for it. It was a fabulous dinner and you could tell he throughly enjoyed the nachos and the company.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I mean who wouldn't enjoy spending time with you kels, you probably managed to have a dance party in the changing rooms

July 30, 2005 at 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home